CTV News Calgary Latest Videos
Alberta highway conditions and road closures
Several highways in the province are closed due to flooding and debris.
Colleen Schmidt, CTV Calgary
Published Saturday, June 22, 2013 10:25AM MDT
Last Updated Friday, June 28, 2013 2:32PM MDT
Here is a list of the current road closures in Southern Alberta.
Road Closures Calgary Area for June 28, 2013
- Hwy 22 from Turner Valley to Black Diamond (black diamond to 22x)
- Hwy 532 – gravel road (west of Hwy 22 at Chain Lakes)
- Hwy 1A Morley to Canmore - Emergency and essential traffic only
- Hwy 1 from hwy 40 to Banff Gates-open, reduction to single lane through work zones.
- Hwy 758 through Bragg Creek (note: road is gone)
- Powderface Trail – gravel road
- Hwy 40 South –closed at Hwy 68
- Hwy 66 – south west of Bragg Creek at the Elbow river bridge
- Bridge file 72292 – local bridge over Elbow River just past Bragg Creek Village – going to west Bragg Creek – abutments washing out
- Hwy 547 – south of Gleichen (between 901 and 24 at Arrowwood)
- Forestry Road
- Maclean Creek
- Hwy 541- Longview to Park Boundary open; Park Boundary to Hwy 40 (Highwood House)closed
- Highway 842 from Hwy 1 closed over Bow River bridge
- Crowfoot Ferry – closed
- Highway 22 Highway 8 to Highway 1 – traffic lights one lane only is open to alternating traffic
- Hwy 40 north of 1A open to Mountain Aire.
Road Closures Lethbridge Area
- Hwy 2 one southbound lane open. One southbound lane closed. 5 km north of Hwy 3 junction
- Finnegan Ferry closed with expectation to be open Saturday.