Alberta highway conditions and road closures
Several highways in the province are closed due to flooding and debris.
Colleen Schmidt, CTV Calgary
Published Saturday, June 22, 2013 10:25AM MDT
Last Updated Friday, June 28, 2013 2:32PM MDT
Here is a list of the current road closures in Southern Alberta.
Road Closures Calgary Area for June 28, 2013
- Hwy 22 from Turner Valley to Black Diamond (black diamond to 22x)
- Hwy 532 – gravel road (west of Hwy 22 at Chain Lakes)
- Hwy 1A Morley to Canmore - Emergency and essential traffic only
- Hwy 1 from hwy 40 to Banff Gates-open, reduction to single lane through work zones.
- Hwy 758 through Bragg Creek (note: road is gone)
- Powderface Trail – gravel road
- Hwy 40 South –closed at Hwy 68
- Hwy 66 – south west of Bragg Creek at the Elbow river bridge
- Bridge file 72292 – local bridge over Elbow River just past Bragg Creek Village – going to west Bragg Creek – abutments washing out
- Hwy 547 – south of Gleichen (between 901 and 24 at Arrowwood)
- Forestry Road
- Maclean Creek
- Hwy 541- Longview to Park Boundary open; Park Boundary to Hwy 40 (Highwood House)closed
- Highway 842 from Hwy 1 closed over Bow River bridge
- Crowfoot Ferry – closed
- Highway 22 Highway 8 to Highway 1 – traffic lights one lane only is open to alternating traffic
- Hwy 40 north of 1A open to Mountain Aire.
Road Closures Lethbridge Area
- Hwy 2 one southbound lane open. One southbound lane closed. 5 km north of Hwy 3 junction
- Finnegan Ferry closed with expectation to be open Saturday.