CTV News Calgary Latest Videos
Calgary flu shot clinic locations, times
Published Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:55PM MDT
Here are the most up-to-date times and locations for Calgarians to receive this year's flu shot, which protects against both seasonal influenza and H1N1.
Calgarians can get the shot Friday, Oct. 29 through Sunday, Oct. 31 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday, Nov. 1 through Thursday, Nov. 4 from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m., and Friday, Nov. 5 through Sunday, Nov. 7 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the following locations:
• Avenida Village - 303, 12245 Lake Fraser Drive SE; free parking on-site
• Brentwood Village Mall - 302, 3630 Brentwood Rd. NW; free parking on-site
• Richmond Road Diagnostic and Treatment Centre - 1820 Richmond Road SW; free parking on-site
• South Calgary Health Centre - 31 Sunpark Plaza SE; Third floor; South entrance; free parking on-site
• Stampede Grandstand - South end of Stampede Park; free parking on-site (this clinic will be closed as of 4:30 p.m. Oct. 31 and will not be reopening)
• Whitehorn - 3705 – 35 Street NE; North side entrance; free parking on-site
All Albertans six months of age and older can get the shot free of charge.
AHS says it has enough of the vaccine to immunize all Albertans. Albertans who are at a higher risk are encouraged to get vaccinated early in the influenza season.
Clinics in the Calgary-area will continue to operate through the coming weeks. For complete clinic schedules and local clinic details, visit www.albertahealthservices.ca or call HealthLink Alberta at 403.943.LINK (5465) or toll-free at 1.866.408.LINK (5465).
The vaccine may also be available through some local physicians and pharmacists. Albertans are advised to call their pharmacist or doctor's office to confirm beforehand.
As of the end of the day Oct. 27, Alberta Health Services had administered more than 82,000 doses of the vaccine in the Calgary area.