CTV News Calgary Latest Videos
Calgary parking ban not in the cards despite significant snowfall
The City of Calgary will not be calling for a snow route parking ban prior to Sunday, November 11
Published Thursday, November 8, 2012 12:32PM MST
Last Updated Thursday, November 8, 2012 12:33PM MST
The City of Calgary will not be issuing a snow route parking ban prior to Sunday, November 11, citing the results of recent risk assessment testing.
Prior to Thursday’s snowfall, city officials decided snow bans would not be activated at any time during the period of November 7–11, November 14-18, and December 5-9. The city has planned maintenance on behind the scenes technology during these times.
City crews will continue to salt, grade and plow major routes to address the slippery condition.
The city reminds drivers:
- To leave at least three car lengths when travelling behind sanders, graders and plows
- To not pass sanders, graders and plows while they are operating
- To allow additional time to reach your destination
- To reduce their speed
- To drive according to the conditions
- To drive defensively
- To consider delaying their trip until the roads are in better condition
Information about the City of Calgary's snow and ice control program is available at calgary.ca