CTV News Calgary Latest Videos
Flames roll out rewards for returning fans
Published Tuesday, January 15, 2013 3:10PM MST
Last Updated Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:43PM MST
The Calgary Flames will be back on the ice for the first game of the 2012-2013 season on Sunday and are offering a 50 percent discount on food and Fanattic merchandise to welcome fans back to the Saddledome.
The Flames joined other NHL teams and announced its “Welcome Back” initiatives for loyal fans on Tuesday.
The team will face the San Jose Sharks on Sunday, January 20th and play their second game on Monday, January 21st against the Anaheim Ducks.
Opening ceremonies for game one will include player introductions and a give-away of 75 autographed jerseys for fans.
The team will give more prizes away throughout the game and fans will be treated to an autographed game used stick giveaway from all the players at the end of the night.
Other opening week highlights include:
- 50% off on all food at the Scotiabank Saddledome including concessions, Avison Young Club, Saddleroom Grill, Dutton’s and club seats for the first two games.
- 50% discount on all flames merchandise at all Fanattic locations. Discount applied during entire training camp week and up to the end of game one.
- Complimentary popcorn, hotdogs and pop during Flames open practices all this week.
- A $100,000 guaranteed 50/50 pot with the winner taking home a minimum of $50,000 for the first two home games.
- Flames food truck super specials.
- Flames alumni jersey presentation to lucky draw winners for original flames season ticket holders.
- All Esso minor hockey week champions will receive tickets to a Calgary Hitmen game.
- Social media fan appreciation contesting.
- Training camp practices will continue to be open to fans all week with complimentary popcorn, hotdogs and pop for all in attendance.
The 113 day lockout officially ended on January 12 and the 48 game season kicks off across the league on Saturday.
Many other teams are also offering incentives in an effort to bring fans back to the game and are putting together similar promotions.