CTV News Calgary Latest Videos
Great energy bar recipes
Published Monday, January 14, 2013 8:51AM MST
No-Bake Fruit & Nut Balls
Prep: 8 min | Freezing: Excellent | Makes: 22 balls
- ½ cup (125 mL) b 100% Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped mixed salted nuts
- ½ cup (125 mL) Robin Hood® Oats
- ¼ cup (50 mL) vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup (50 mL) each: dried cranberries, dried blueberries, dried cherries
- Combine all ingredients. Shape into balls and refrigerate 3 hours to overnight.
Dark Chocolate Cherry & Nut Bars
Prep: 5 min | Freezing: Excellent | Makes: 16 bars
- 1 cup (250 mL) Adams® 100% Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) Robin Hood® Oats
- ¼ cup (50 mL) honey
- ½ cup (125 mL) dried cherries
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped toasted almonds
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped dark chocolate
- ½ cup (125 mL) Smucker’s® Simple Blends® Summer Fruit Fruit Spread
Microwave peanut butter 80-90 seconds or until warm. Stir in oats, honey, cherries and almonds. Let cool slightly then mix in chopped chocolate allowing them to melt slightly together. Press half of mixture into an 8” foil-lined pan. Using a spoon, spread fruit spread over top of mixture until covered. Spread remaining mixture on top, pressing to smooth. Refrigerate 3 hours to overnight. Cut into bars.
Tip: For a spin on this recipe, add up to 3 tbsp (45 mL) chocolate or vanilla flavoured protein powder.