Yann’s Modern Pumpkin Pie
Yields : TBD by the baker
Make sure to have a baking scale!
To be made the day before – Allow rest overnight
Sweet Dough Crust
- 250 gr All-purpose flour
- 5 gr Baking powder
- 100 gr Granulated Sugar or Maple Sugar
- 150 gr Butter (room temperature)
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 Egg
- Put together all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together with the butter to obtain a sandy texture
- Add the egg and mix until a dough forms. Reserve in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat your oven at 310 Fahrenheit.
- Use a rolling pin and roll the dough to a quarter centimetre thick ( 1/8th of an inch) and cut out circles of desired size
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 310 for 15-20 approximately until a thorough golden brown colour
Whipped pumpkin ganache:
- 360 gr Whipping cream heavy 35%
- 400 gr White chocolate Opalys Valrhona
- 160 gr Buttercup squash purée
- 2.5 gr Spice mix (see recipe example below or purchase pumpkin pie spice mix)
- Simmer the cream with the purée and spices then pour over the chocolate
- Mix and reserve in fridge overnight
- Next day whip into a smooth consistency that will hold your piping
- 4 tablespoons Ground Cinnamon.
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 2 teaspoons Nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
Vanilla bean Chantilly:
- 250 gr Whipping cream heavy 35%
- 40gr Maple syrup
- 1/2 Vanilla bean scraped
- Scrape the bean and mix with sugar
- Add to the cream in a chilled bowl
- Whip with a whisk until reaching a stiff cream – Tip: whipping over ice water will help fasten the process and save on elbow grease!