July 3, 2012 - July 16, 2012
1. TO ENTER the Experience Alberta History (See Alberta Alive for $75)contest (the "Contest") simply visit the web site located at ctvcalgary.ca, click on the Contest page, complete and submit your entry by following the instructions found on the Contest page. In the event of a dispute, entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries must include your first and last name, address, email address and ten digit telephone number. Limit of one (1) entry per individual per day. If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more than once per day, all your entries will be void.Contest starts at 12:00 noon Mountain Time ("MT") on Tuesday, July 03, 2012 and closes on Monday, July 16, 2012 at 12:00 noon MT (the “Contest Period”). There is one (1) grand prize (the "Grand Prize") and five (5) secondary prizes (each, a "Secondary Prize") (collectively, the Grand Prize and the Secondary Prizes shall be referred to as the "Prizes" and each, a "Prize") to be won from among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Limit of one Prize per household. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
2. The contest sponsors are Bell Media Inc. and Her Majesty The Queen In Right Of Alberta As Represented By The Minister Of Culture And Community Spirit (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest Sponsors").
3. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of Alberta, residing south of the southern boundary of Red Deer county, and be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of any of the Contest Sponsors, their respective agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter. A winner of a Bell Media Inc. contest within the three (3) months preceding the start of this Contest (including persons designated by such winners to take ownership of prizes) and persons domiciled with a winner are not eligible to enter.
4a. Grand Prize - There is one (1) Grand Prize consisting of: one (1) "Experience Alberta History" Annual Family Pass (expires August 31, 2013, and is valid for two (2) adults and their children 17 years of age or under); one (1) Fifty Dollar ($50) CAD gift certificate to The Arbour Restaurant in Rutherford House (alcohol and gratuities not included), one (1) one year membership to the Friends of Rutherford House Society (expires December 31, 2012); one (1) One Hundred Dollar ($100) CAD gift certificate for lunch or brunch for four (4) people at Lougheed House (alcohol and gratuities not included) one (1) carriage ride and guided tour for four (4) people at Remington Carriage Museum; one (1) behind the scenes tour for a family (2 adults and their children who are 17 years of age or under) at Frank Slide Interpretive Centre; one (1) guided tour for a family at Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump Interpretive Centre with a Blackfoot guide; (4) hats and two (2) stuffed dinosaurs from the Royal Tyrrell Museum (colour and sizing at Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion); one (1) Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village gift book and pysanka; one (1) private behind the scenes tour for a family (2 adults and their children 17 years of age or under) of the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village; four (4) tickets for a biplane ride and one (1) behind the scenes tour for four (4) people at Reynolds Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin Alberta (2 adults and 2 children 17 years of age or under); one (1) behind the scenes tour for a family of The Royal Alberta Museum guided by a curator (2 adults and their children 17 years of age or under); and, one (1) behind the scenes tour for a family (2 adults and their children 17 years of age or under) of the Provincial Archives of Alberta. All of the foregoing Grand Prize elements must be redeemed before August 31, 2013. All relevant site locations are listed on Schedule A attached. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is Nine Hundred Sixty-Four Dollars ($964.00) CAD.
4b. Secondary Prizes: There are five (5) Secondary Prizes, each consisting of one (1) “Experience Alberta History” Annual Family pass (expires August 31, 2013, and is valid for two (2) (adults and their children 17 years and under). The approximate retail value of each Secondary Prize is Seventy-Five Dollars ($75.00) CAD.
5. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Prizes may not be sold, transferred and are not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute the Prizes in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prizes is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
6. On or after Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at approximately 12:00 noon MT, a random draw for the Prizes will take place at CTV Calgary, Calgary, Alberta from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The first two entries drawn will each be eligible to win a Prize. The odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Bell Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential winner by telephone within two (2) business days after the draw. In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the draw, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be drawn. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, each potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Bell Media Inc. Before being awarded a Prize, each potential winner will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form stating that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations ("Rules"), grants all consents required, authorizes the Contest Sponsors to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, city of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify such potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until both qualified winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than Monday, July 23 2012.
7. By entering this Contest the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsors with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
8. All entries become property of Contest Sponsors who assume no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting Rules by mail or requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Contest Sponsors do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials-data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond their control, Contest Sponsors reserve their right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Contest including canceling any method of entry, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Contest Sponsors reserve their right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Contest Sponsors reserve their right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Contest web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Contest Sponsors reserve their right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Contest Sponsors shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Contest or from downloading any material from the Contest web site.
9. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Contest Sponsors for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Contest. Contest Sponsors will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning the personal information held by the Contest Sponsors should be addressed to Bell Media Inc. at CTV Calgary at #16 Patina Rise SW Calgary AB, T3H 2W4.
10. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
11. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsors and or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.