CTV News Calgary Latest Videos
Two homes evacuated because of gas leak
Published Friday, February 1, 2013 6:06AM MST
Four people are out of their homes in southeast Calgary after fire crews detected a strong smell of gas early Friday morning.
Firefighters arrived on scene at Douglasbank Bay S.E. at about 1:00 a.m. and quickly found the gas leak with monitoring equipment.
They found the leak coming from a broken gas line under the main road.
Two homes were evacuated as a precaution as ATCO conducts repairs on the broken line.
The four homeowners are being sheltered in a Calgary Transit bus on scene.
No one was injured in the incident and the CFD says there is no risk to neighbouring houses.