Ammonia leak prompts evacuation
Several people at the Saputo building in the southeast were evacuated after an ammonia leak was discovered.
The Calgary Fire Department responded to the facility in the 4000 block of 12 Street S.E. at about 9:00 a.m. Monday.
When crews arrived, about 40 people had already vacated the building.
Crews determined there was an ammonia leak and called in the Hazardous Materials Team for support.
The cause of the leak was attributed to a valve and an onsite technician fixed the problem.
Firefighters ventilated the building and the occupants were able to return.