Beary refreshing: Bear takes a dip in ditch along B.C. highway
A bear in B.C. found a little relief from the warm weather on the weekend and was captured on camera taking a dip in a pond in a ditch along Highway 93 on Sunday.
Aprille Hernandez and her dad, Arnold Silva, were driving towards Radium just after noon when they came across a bear bathing in the drainage water in a ditch just off the highway.
The bear rolls around in the water before shaking itself off and wandering away.
The refreshing dip put a little zip into the bear and Aprille was rolling again as the bear pushed over a couple of pylons on the roadway as it passed by.
More encounters with wildlife captured on camera
- Bear filmed strolling along Alberta highway
- Young owls perch on loading dock in northwest Calgary
- Bobcat crashes morning coffee in Calgary backyard
- Coyote pups captured on camera in community of Arbour Lake
- Mother bobcat carries kittens across Calgary road
- Moose saunter down street in Cougar Ridge
- Bobcat takes stroll down fence in Sundance
- Bear cubs captured on camera playing under Lake Louise gondola