Gas line ruptured in northeast Calgary, several businesses evacuated
Firefighters were called to the 4600 block of Westwinds Drive N.E. for reports of a gas leak.
CALGARY -- Several businesses in northeast Calgary were evacuated for a short time Wednesday afternoon after a gas line was accidently ruptured.
Calls began coming in to 911 just before 12:30 p.m. after a crew working in the 4600 block of Westwinds Drive N.E. hit a two-inch gas line with a backhoe.
ATCO responded to the scene and the gas was shut off. There were no reports or injuries.
The evacuations were lifted soon after.