Man in hospital following reported shootout in northwest Calgary
Two people have died and five others injured as a result of four weeks of gun violence in Calgary. (File)
CALGARY -- For the fifth time in about a month, Calgary police are investigating the scene of a shooting.
In the latest incident, officers were called to a scene in the 1100 block of Third Avenue N.W. at about 12:30 a.m. Saturday for reports of multiple shots being fired.
Callers told police that two groups of men, between their late 20s and early 30s, were shooting at each other.
When officers arrived at the scene, the found one man suffering from apparent gunshot wounds. He was taken to hospital in non-life-threatening condition.
- Victim of fatal weekend shooting identified by police
- Father of slain Calgary man pleads for answers from the public
- Southeast shooting sends man to hospital in life-threatening condition
- 25-year-old faces charges after shooting inside Calgary apartment
- Calgary man sent to hospital after being shot in targeted attack
Police say they have arrested one person in connection with the attack and seized a vehicle, but did not provide any further details on the investigation.
The shooting is the latest in a spate of gun violence in Calgary that has led to multiple people being injured as well as the deaths of two men.
The investigation into the latest incident is ongoing.