Articles by Kevin Stanfield
- Seasonal in Calgary toward the weekend… but flurries coming late Friday
- Calgary warming to seasonal for the weekend
- A warmer week for Calgary as frigid start to March fades into memory
- Warmer weather on the way for Calgary
- Calgary likely facing 5 to 8 centimetres of snow Friday
- More snow on the way as Calgary will get 'clipped' on Friday
- A snowy end to the week in Calgary
- Cool with flurries for Calgary's first full week of March
- Kevin Stanfield's forecast: A milder Friday for Calgary before weekend snow
- Kevin Stanfield's forecast: A warm and windy Thursday before another waft of snow
**As of March 2023, Kevin is no longer with CTV News** Kevin Stanfield began his journey as a broadcaster while working at a craft store in high school. A customer said, "You have a nice voice - you should be on the radio!" That seemed agreeable, so three-and-a-half years later, he skipped his graduation ceremony from Conestoga College in Kitchener, Ont. to drive across the country for his first job in Smithers, B.C.
After ten months as a network news reporter, Kevin moved back to his hometown of Whitby, Ont. for his next position at the Canadian Traffic Network. Over three years, he went from a part-time weekend announcer to the evening “airborne” reporter for Q107 and AM640, as well as live traffic reporter for Global News Toronto. On weekends, he had a television show on Rogers Durham and served as a between-the-benches interviewer for Oshawa Generals games, mixed with stints doing play-by-play for UOIT sports.
Next, he jumped to Saskatoon to start his career as a weather presenter for Global Saskatoon's Morning News. He served his community as chair of the board for Recess Guardians, as well as acting secretary of the board for the Saskatoon SPCA. He also began the meteorological studies program through Mississippi State University in his second year.
Kevin joined CTV Calgary in 2016 as part of CTV Morning Live and CTV News at Noon. He also does weather for CTV’s national news channel, and loves his time speaking to students as part of the Sky Watch 'Weather in the Classroom' program.
Kevin became a meteorologist in August 2018, became a father to twins in August 2019, and brought a daughter into the world in June 2021 with his wife, CTV Calgary's Courtney Stanfield. Kevin speaks English.