Articles by Ryan White
- Edmonton man charged after nearly $150K in drugs seized in Lethbridge
- Man found without vital signs on Bow River ice near downtown Calgary
- Driver charged in overpass collision that closed Deerfoot Trail lanes
- Calgary convenience store fined $10K for selling vaping products to minors
- Youth Hiring Fair at Stampede Park to bring together employers and young Calgarians
- Calgary Expo adds Danny Trejo to star-studded lineup
- Northwest apartment building evacuated due to carbon monoxide concerns
- DNA leads police to suspect in break-in assault of Rocky View County homeowner
- Suspects arrested after man shot in his Lethbridge home
- Two Medicine Hat residents killed in head-on crash with semi on Highway 3
- Rocky View County man located after multi-week disappearance
- Child in life-threatening condition after being struck by vehicle in northwest Calgary
- Calgary woman charged in threat at knifepoint at school in Bearspaw
- Suspect charged in downtown CTrain station double stabbing
- 2 arrested, third sought after nearly $100K swiped in Calgary distraction thefts
- High River, Alta., last known sighting of Saskatchewan woman missing since November
- Coaldale man arrested following string of break-ins in southern Alberta town
- Downtown CTrain station reopens after double stabbing
- Scam artists selling fake jewelry, electronics in parking lots across southern Alberta: RCMP
- Missing Olds woman located after week-long disappearance
Calgary-based Ryan White has been an integral member of CTV Calgary's digital team since 2011.
A graduate of the Broadcast News program at the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), Ryan, a general digital reporter, has covered federal, provincial and municipal elections, the historic flooding of southern Alberta in 2013, Calgary's Olympic hosting bid plebiscite and numerous high-profile crime cases.
He was part of the team honoured with a Canadian Online Publishing Awards 2018 award for Best News Coverage and a 2017 RTDNA Canada Gord Sinclair Award, Prairie Region, for coverage of the 2017 civic election.
The married, father of two, is a volunteer basketball coach, regularly volunteers at his children's elementary school, and champions Calgary's craft-beer scene. He has travelled with his family to China, Spain, France, Mexico and throughout the United States, including a trip to Puerto Rico post-Hurricane Maria.
Ryan is fluent in English.