Articles by Stephen Hunt
- Only 27 per cent of Alberta knee replacement surgeries were done on time in 2022: CIHI
- Downtown CTrain platforms get improved lighting, as data shows decline in some city crime in 2023
- 1 person injured in fight outside southeast Calgary Wal-Mart
- New Telus Spark immersive experience showcases Indigenous superheroes
- Calgary councillor expecting first child
- Petition seeks Last of Us star Pedro Pascal as Calgary Stampede parade marshal
- Calgary bottle depot Vecova recognized by province on Global Recycling Day
- Fundraiser for autistic children helps fill funding gap
- Free tax return services offered for new immigrants, seniors, low-income Calgarians
- Hurricanes defeat Oil Kings 6-1 in Edmonton
- Six-game winning streak comes to an end for Wranglers in shootout loss to Tucson
- Hitmen inch close to playoff spot with shutout win over Tigers in Medicine Hat
- Charitable campaign collects personal products for women
- Calgary teenage girls sample the political life
- Roughnecks throw a St. Patrick's Day party at the 'Dome as they defeat Rush 11-6 in front of 17K fans
- Mayerthorpe man faces charges following seizure of 52 trail research cameras
- Hurricanes stage third period comeback to defeat Hitmen 6-4
- Convertible crashes into concrete barrier near Dalhousie LRT station
- Tanya Tucker set to return to Calgary for 2023 folk festival
- City of Lethbridge looking for ideas to activate downtown
Since joining CTV in July 2019, Stephen Hunt has worked as a digital producer, covering everything from city politics to mean coaches to the energy industry and beyond.
Based in Calgary, Alberta, Stephen has also reported from Los Angeles, New York, Japan, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Beijing and New Orleans.
As a digital producer, he specializes in general topics. He also is a board member of the Canadian Theatre Critics Association, and the Calgary theatre critic for the Globe & Mail, as well as an occasional country music critic for the Calgary Herald, where he worked as an entertainment reporter from 2006 to 2016. He’s a produced and published playwright whose works have been staged in New York, LA, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Orlando, and published in Best American Short Plays, as well as a screenwriter and author. He also served as assistant producer on the Sundance Award winning documentary, Americanos: Latino Life in the U.S., working with Emmy and Golden Globe Award winning actor and director Edward James Olmos, in 2000.
As part of the Calgary Herald newsroom, Stephen won a group National Newspaper Award in 2014 for Postmedia’s coverage of the 2013 Calgary flood. In 2019, he was nominated for an RTNDA award for a multi-media article he wrote for CBC, where he worked as a digital associate producer and web writer from 2017 to 2019.
He taught journalism at Mount Royal University in Calgary and has been an adjunct professor at the creative writing department of the University of British Columbia since 2007, teaching playwriting in the optional residency online class.
Stephen speaks English, some French and a bit of Spanish.