Articles by Stephen Hunt
- New Alberta memorial to honour fallen paramedics
- A new Battle of Alberta? Surge top Stingers in season opening victory
- Dump truck tips over in northwest Calgary
- Crews bring grass fire under control in northwest Calgary
- Calgary Marathon causes road and parking lot closures, bus route detours
- Police seeking information regarding Friday night hit-and-run in northeast Calgary
- Indigenous community extends welcome to Calgary newcomers
- Calgary Black Film Festival aims to improve inclusion and diversity
- New peace officers graduate in Calgary ceremony
- Dawgs open season with 16-6 win over Brooks
- Police trying to identify body of man discovered in Bow River
- 2 face charges after Golden-Field RCMP seize 10 weapons, ammunition
- Wolverine spotted in Airdrie driveway
- TSN reports that Calgary Flames set to name Conroy GM
- Child in serious condition after collision in northeast Calgary
- Joint investigation with RCMP leads to seizure of drugs, charges against Blood Tribe woman
- Bandits head for Sunday championship game against Battleford after 3-0 shutout of Ottawa
- Roughnecks season ends with 9-7 loss to Mammoth
- Bear spotted up a tree in southwest Calgary
- Warrants issued for Calgary man accused of uttering threats
Since joining CTV in July 2019, Stephen Hunt has worked as a digital producer, covering everything from city politics to mean coaches to the energy industry and beyond.
Based in Calgary, Alberta, Stephen has also reported from Los Angeles, New York, Japan, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Beijing and New Orleans.
As a digital producer, he specializes in general topics. He also is a board member of the Canadian Theatre Critics Association, and the Calgary theatre critic for the Globe & Mail, as well as an occasional country music critic for the Calgary Herald, where he worked as an entertainment reporter from 2006 to 2016. He’s a produced and published playwright whose works have been staged in New York, LA, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Orlando, and published in Best American Short Plays, as well as a screenwriter and author. He also served as assistant producer on the Sundance Award winning documentary, Americanos: Latino Life in the U.S., working with Emmy and Golden Globe Award winning actor and director Edward James Olmos, in 2000.
As part of the Calgary Herald newsroom, Stephen won a group National Newspaper Award in 2014 for Postmedia’s coverage of the 2013 Calgary flood. In 2019, he was nominated for an RTNDA award for a multi-media article he wrote for CBC, where he worked as a digital associate producer and web writer from 2017 to 2019.
He taught journalism at Mount Royal University in Calgary and has been an adjunct professor at the creative writing department of the University of British Columbia since 2007, teaching playwriting in the optional residency online class.
Stephen speaks English, some French and a bit of Spanish.