Articles by Stephen Hunt
- Calgary's Buffalo Wild Wings locations shut their doors
- Lights go off downtown for an hour to draw awareness to climate change
- Cochrane teen Jasmine Adams overcomes leukemia to become powerlifting champion
- KLM flight en route to Calgary following detour back to Amsterdam due to unruly passenger
- Roughnecks sweep season series against Saskatchewan with 14-6 victory
- Grammy-nominated composer Nicholas Lloyd Webber dies from stomach cancer
- In the middle of a career year, Backlund set to play 900th career game as a Flame
- 500 youth hockey players stick it to kids cancer in weekend tournament
- Wranglers firing on all cylinders in 6-0 win over Gulls
- Hurricanes wrap regular season home schedule with 6-4 win over Rebels
- New film by Calgary's Tank Standing Buffalo streams on HBO
- Frankenstein is back, this time with puppets
- 1 missing as 2 houses burn in afternoon fire in northwest Calgary
- Hurricanes GM Anholt named management lead for world juniors
- Accused in Chestermere city hall assault case pleads not guilty
- Lose a bag of money and other stuff in Lethbridge? Police want to give it back
- Andrew Lloyd Webber to miss Broadway opening of Bad Cinderella due to son Nicholas's critical illness
- Only 27 per cent of Alberta knee replacement surgeries were done on time in 2022: CIHI
- Downtown CTrain platforms get improved lighting, as data shows decline in some city crime in 2023
- 1 person injured in fight outside southeast Calgary Walmart
Since joining CTV in July 2019, Stephen Hunt has worked as a digital producer, covering everything from city politics to mean coaches to the energy industry and beyond.
Based in Calgary, Alberta, Stephen has also reported from Los Angeles, New York, Japan, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Beijing and New Orleans.
As a digital producer, he specializes in general topics. He also is a board member of the Canadian Theatre Critics Association, and the Calgary theatre critic for the Globe & Mail, as well as an occasional country music critic for the Calgary Herald, where he worked as an entertainment reporter from 2006 to 2016. He’s a produced and published playwright whose works have been staged in New York, LA, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Orlando, and published in Best American Short Plays, as well as a screenwriter and author. He also served as assistant producer on the Sundance Award winning documentary, Americanos: Latino Life in the U.S., working with Emmy and Golden Globe Award winning actor and director Edward James Olmos, in 2000.
As part of the Calgary Herald newsroom, Stephen won a group National Newspaper Award in 2014 for Postmedia’s coverage of the 2013 Calgary flood. In 2019, he was nominated for an RTNDA award for a multi-media article he wrote for CBC, where he worked as a digital associate producer and web writer from 2017 to 2019.
He taught journalism at Mount Royal University in Calgary and has been an adjunct professor at the creative writing department of the University of British Columbia since 2007, teaching playwriting in the optional residency online class.
Stephen speaks English, some French and a bit of Spanish.