Articles by Teri Fikowski
- 'A catch-all excuse': WestJet court compensation case makes travellers uneasy
- Will Alberta be handing out 'Ralph bucks' again?
- Why do parts of Calgary seem unkempt? It’s a combination of things
- Is the spike in the price of beef hurting Alberta beef producers?
- Alberta tourism sector cheers end of vaccine mandates for domestic and outbound flights
- Surveillance footage of fatal hit-and-run shows victim attempting to enter moving vehicle
- Rockaholics join CJAY92, local businesses to donate van, cash to family of Angela McKenzie
- Calgary's rental car shortage expected to continue through summer 2022
- Albertans still face lengthy delays for knee, hip replacements: report
- Calgary businesses see ‘paw-tential’ in allowing pets at work
Calgary-based Teri joined the CTV News Calgary team in February of 2019 and can be found working the before-sunrise-hours as a video journalist for the morning show.
Her career started at 660News in Calgary before working at Global News in Lethbridge and later Regina. Her strong passion to share stories also led her on a six-month work term with Journalists for Human Rights in Tanzania, Africa. There, she worked alongside other local reporters to build their capacity in exposing human rights violations and government corruption.
She’s had the privilege of covering a wide range of topics including several elections, budgets, extreme weather events and community events.
Teri’s been recognized with two awards through her storytelling including an RTDNA & Edward R. Murrow Award.
She’s also had the ability to share stories in the community as the Saskatchewan Roughriders’ online host in previous seasons. She’s also contributed feature online articles for Refined Magazine.
Teri graduated with honors from the Broadcast News Program at the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology and earned a Communications Degree from the University of Calgary.
She’s also fluent in both English and French.
As a born and bred Albertan, she’s thrilled to be sharing stories in her hometown of Calgary once again and is always looking to get more involved in the community. When she’s not chasing the news you can find her in her happy place; skiing in the Alberta Rockies.