CTV News Calgary Latest Videos
Pair arrested in suspected fentanyl bust in Forest Lawn
Airdrie RCMP, along with members of the CPS, raided a home in Forest Lawn, arrested two people and seized a large amount of drugs. (Supplied)
Published Wednesday, March 14, 2018 4:08PM MDT
A man and a woman from Calgary are facing a long list of charges in connection with a drug seizure that took place on March 10 in Forest Lawn.
The Airdrie RCMP’s Crime Reduction Unit, along with the CPS and the RCMP Federal Serious and Organized Crime Team executed a search warrant on a southeast home.
Two people were arrested at the home, where authorities found:
- 1,616 suspected fentanyl pills
- seven grams of suspected carfentanil powder
- 25 morphine pills
- 9.5 ounces of methamphetamine
- $15,000 in Canadian cash
- $5,000 counterfeit U.S. cash
- two firearms, including an assault-style rifle
Police say the arrests come as a result of an investigation into a drug operation that was believed to be supplying drugs in the Airdrie and Rockyview County areas.
Ivo Musa, 31, of Calgary, has been charged with 11 charges, including:
- possession of fentanyl for the purpose of trafficking
- possession of carfentanil for the purpose of trafficking
- possession of methamphetamine for the purpose of trafficking
- possession of proceeds of crime over $5,000
- weapons offences
- breaches of court orders
Heidi Helene Moran, 23, was arrested on eight outstanding arrest warrants from four jurisdictions in Alberta. She is facing the same 11 charges as Musa.
Court dates for both suspects are pending.