CTV News Calgary Latest Videos
Hometown: Born in Brandon, Manitoba, but I've been here so long (almost 40 years) that if you cut me I bleed Calgary
Been with CTV Calgary since: 1982
- I was in the locker room with the Flames in Montreal when they won the cup and I drank champagne from it with the team
- Perhaps equally important, I was in the locker room with them both times they beat the Oilers on the way to the Stanley Cup finals
- I met Queen Elizabeth during a Royal Tour through Calgary
- Tragic as it was, the Edmonton tornado was a very memorable moment in my career. I was one of the first journalists in the Evergreen Trailer Park after it hit
- Darrel Janz and I reported from Bosnia and Croatia during the civil war there
- Covering the solar car race from Austin, Texas to Calgary, during which I broke new ground in using the Internet to facilitate broadcasting on that shoot
- Recently traveled to Sudan to document the journey of one of the Lost Boys of Sudan as he returned home to meet the family he left behind when he fled the war in Sudan
Volunteer Connections in Calgary: You don't SEE me volunteering at a lot of stuff but in the background I raise money for different causes. You will find a lot of my donated photography at charity fundraising events.
- Studied philosophy at the U of C
- Broadcasting Program, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
Favourite Place in Calgary: Edworthy Park
- Karate ( I currently hold a brown belt)
- The Battleship Potemkin
- The Bicycle Thief
- North by Northwest
- Citizen Kane
Favourite Music: Danny Michel - Pink Floyd
Favourite TV Show: Besides CTV News?
Why I am a broadcaster: It is really interesting to meet so many people from so many different walks of life, from oil company CEO's to homeless people; to listen to their stories and reflect them back to the viewers. It forces you to keep an open mind and forces you to throw away your stereotypes.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/CTVCalgary/lists/postscript-contributors