RCMP outline timeline of events leading up to Amber Alert
Published Tuesday, September 15, 2015 12:10PM MDT
RCMP are still trying to find Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette, 2, who was taken from her Blairmore home on Monday morning.
The RCMP say they are still investigating the disappearance of a young girl from her home in Blairmore, AB, and say that the Amber Alert associated with her disappearance was issued as soon as investigators could have.
According to police, RCMP issued the Amber Alert connected to the disappearance of Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette three hours and one minute after they received the report of the sudden death of her father Terry.
Authorities have released the following timeline of events:
- 11:12 a.m. to 2:13 p.m. - Crownest Pass RCMP receive call of the sudden death at a home in Blairmore, AB
- Attending officers secure the scene and begin their investigation and the RCMP Major Crimes Unit in Calgary was also called to the scene
- Police learned a child lived at the home and there was a possibility she was missing
- A search was conducted to ensure she was not with a neighbour or elsewhere in the community
- Investigators trying to find out a way to contact the child's mother
- Information from residents helps determine that the child was taken from the home at 3:30 a.m.
- 2:14 p.m. - Amber Alert issued for Alberta, the RCMP is contacted by the child's mother
- 3:15 p.m. - Based on information from the investigation, police extended the Amber Alert to B.C., Montana, and Saskatchewan.
The investigation into Hailey's disappearance is still ongoing.