Banff bust nets cocaine, heroin, LSD, magic mushrooms, weapons and cash
Banff RCMP arrested two people accused of trafficking cocaine, heroin, LSD and psilocybin.
Two people are facing numerous drug trafficking charges after RCMP executed a search warrant at a home in Banff.
The search happened Aug. 30 at a home on Spray Avenue in the Rocky Mountain town about 130 kilometres west of Calgary.
Police seized a number of different drugs, including 400 grams of cocaine, 850 grams of psilocybin, also known as magic mushrooms, along with heroin, LSD, prohibited weapons and more than $30,000 in cash.
Kirtan Patel, 26, and Sarah McKinnon, 23, are facing charges of:
- Possessing cocaine for the purpose of trafficking
- Possessing heroin for the purpose of trafficking
- Possessing lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) for the purpose of trafficking
- Possessing psilocybin for the purpose of trafficking
- Trafficking cocaine
- Trafficking heroin
- Trafficking lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD)
- Trafficking psilocybin (magic mushrooms)
- Three counts of possession of a prohibited weapon
Both are scheduled to appear in court next on Nov. 20.