Charges have been laid against a 46-year-old man in connection with a lengthy standoff with Lethbridge police on the weekend.
Officers were called to a home in the 1100 block of 43 Avenue N. on Sunday morning for reports of a man with a gun threatening anyone who attempted to enter the home, including police officers.
After police secured the scene and made contact with the suspect, they engaged in an armed standoff with the individual for a period of four hours.
He was taken into custody after police used CS gas to force him out of the home.
Police obtained and executed a search warrant on the home and seized 11 guns; two of them loaded. Four prohibited magazines and several rounds of ammunition were also found in the home.
Jaysun George Sinclair is charged with:
- use of firearm while committing offence
- possession of an offensive weapon dangerous to the public
- two counts of careless use/storage of a firearm
- four counts of unauthorized possession of a prohibited/restricted weapon
- assault with a weapon
- assault of a peace officer with a weapon
- uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm
- resisting a peace officer
Sinclair remains in custody.