Vegan Thanksgiving meals
Mushroom lentil loaf with smokey cheddar cheeze
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 cups diced mushrooms
- 1 onion diced
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs ground flax
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tbs smoked paprica
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce(vegan)
- 1 container of Prana Kitchen 111 smokey cheddar cheeze
- Cook 1 cup of lentils with 3 cups of water until done about 20 mins.
- Preheat oven to 400 DEGREES and line a 9x5 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix 2 tbs of flax with 4 tbs of water then set aside.
- Sauté onions, mushrooms and papers until soft then add garlic.
- Pulse lightly (3-4 times) in food processor oats and lentils.
- Add spices and remaining ingredients to the sautéed veggies then mix with lentil and oat mixture.
- Push mixture into backing dish and even out.
- Mix cheeze with 1/2 cup of water
- Bake for 1 hr then remove from oven and add Cheeze mixture and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool and enjoy.
Herb and garlic mashed potatoes
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 container of Prana Kitchen 111 herb and garlic cheeze
- 1 Tbs of vegan butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until tender but still firm. Drain and return to stove over low heat to dry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add vegan butter, herb and garlic cream cheeZe, salt, and pepper. Use a potato masher to mash until smooth, and serve.
Green beans and almonds
- 1 lbs green beans
- 1 tbs vegan butter
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add beans for 2 mins then drain and let cool.
- On medium heat add butter to frying pan to sauce garlic for 1 min then add beans for 5-6 more unitil just tender but still crispy
- Remove from heat then squeeze lemon juice all over and add almonds.
Pumpkin Chai Pudding
- 1 medium pumpkin
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tbs of pumpkin spice
- 2 tbs of chia seeds
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans
- Preheat oven t 350 , cut and de seed pumpkin and place upside down in about a half inch of water in a baking dish. Bake for 35-40 mins or until soft.
- Remove flesh from pumpkin after cool and place in high speed processor with coconut milk, coconut sugar, chia seeds and spices
- Divide evenly into bowls and let chill, garnish with pecans and serve.