CALGARY -- Calgary firefighters evacuated the Rocky Ridge YMCA for a short time Wednesday due to a possible ammonia leak.

Alarms in a refrigeration room went off around 9:20 a.m. at the facility in the 11300 block of Rocky Ridge Road N.W.

"The source of the ammonia leak, a compressor, was shut down and the room was ventilated," read a released from the city. 

Around 200 people were evacuated form the building and Calgary Transit buses were brought in to provide temporary shelter.

People were allowed back inside about an hour later.

No illnesses or injuries were reported.