Articles by Alesia Fieldberg
- Calgary the focus of campaigning in the election homestretch
- 'Breastmilk is pretty magical!': Calgary company helps families prolong the magic through freeze-drying
- Double-whammy for allergy sufferers with snow mould and very-high pollen forecast
- Don’t throw out those corks and chopsticks! They can become shoes and tables
- Outdoor play conference encourages childhood educators to embrace nature
- 'Expect to see great things': Optimism at the Stampede Canvas Auction
- Calgary HQ part of federal conditions allowing Rogers to buy Shaw
- 1 missing as 2 houses burn in afternoon fire in northwest Calgary
- Experience a week as a first responder at Camp Courage
- Puppies in training: Calgary volunteers sought to help raise service dogs
Alesia Fieldberg has been sharing Albertans’ stories as a reporter/videographer and anchor with CTV Calgary since 2015.
She specializes in stories on crime, politics and health. She has covered everything from the 2019 provincial election to the Calgary Stampede.
She was co-anchoring the noon newscast when a Calgary Police Service officer was shot in 2018 and CTV Calgary’s coverage led to a Charlie Edwards Award for breaking news.
Calgary-based Alesia was one of the live reporters during the 3.5 hour broadcast of the civic election in 2017 which won CTV Calgary a Gord Sinclair Award for News-Live Events.
Her stories contributed to CTV Winnipeg’s Ron Laidlaw award in 2015 for continuing coverage of the Tina Fontaine murder case.
In 2013, Alesia traveled to Italy to work on the CTV Winnipeg feature series "The Poppy Trail", sharing the story of an international mystery solved by a Manitoba Second World War veteran.
Alesia grew up on a farm in Southeastern Alberta and earned a Baccalaureate of Arts in International Relations from the University of Calgary and a Broadcast News Diploma from Southern Alberta Institute of Technology.
She enjoys hiking and volunteering. She has been a board member for the Further Education Society of Alberta for several years.
She speaks English and can speak and understand conversational Spanish.