Articles by Bill MacFarlane
- Spring thaw: Calgary crews working to clear flooded streets and sidewalks
- Thieves steal 7 plaques honouring Allied air efforts from Calgary museum
- Researchers determine how much 'dog doo' is hiding in Calgary parks
- Bow Valley elk population on a downward trend
- Affordability advocates say even if federal rent top up comes through, more is needed
- City of Calgary event centre committee meets on new arena for Flames
- 'Students, teachers and schools deserve better': Alberta teachers calls for education funding increase
- Alberta care homes hampered by issues in deadly first wave of pandemic: auditor general
- Heavy snowfall causes accessibility concerns for Calgarians with mobility issues
- 5 years after collapse of Calgary's Fairview Arena site is still in limbo
Bill Macfarlane is a reporter and occasional anchor for CTV Calgary with a special interest in wildlife, military and the economy.
Bill joined CTV Calgary in 2011 after 6 years on Vancouver Island where he cut his teeth in print media before making the jump to television and commercial production.
He holds degrees in English (St. Francis Xavier University) and Journalism (Thompson Rivers University).
Bill grew up in the greater Toronto-area but, after his first visit to the Rockies, knew that Alberta would be his eventual home. An RTDNA award winner, he has a special love for well-crafted stories blending pictures and sound that allow strong characters to shine.
Bill lives in Calgary with his wife and two kids. Although he doesn’t log quite as many days and nights in tents or on the sides of mountains as he used to, he’d still take a week in Kananaskis over a month just about anywhere else.
Bill speaks English and (very) halting Spanish.