Articles by Bill MacFarlane
- Moraine Lake mandatory shuttle access starts up
- Calgary council considers bylaw changes to discourage catalytic converter theft
- Calgary's mayor congratulates returning provincial government, cautions over divisive rhetoric
- Emergency room doctors pen letter outlining health-care crisis in Alberta
- 'Remarkably similar': NDP, UCP policies on economy not as different as you'd think
- Snakes a spectacle of spring but winter homes need space
- Calgary woman forced to pay $1,600 in fines that aren't hers or risk ticket
- New poll shows tight race between NDP and UCP in Calgary: Angus Reid
- Calgary woman forced to pay stranger's fine now getting refund
- Calgary woman forced to pay stranger's fine - or risk one of her own
Bill Macfarlane is a reporter and occasional anchor for CTV Calgary with a special interest in wildlife, military and the economy.
Bill joined CTV Calgary in 2011 after 6 years on Vancouver Island where he cut his teeth in print media before making the jump to television and commercial production.
He holds degrees in English (St. Francis Xavier University) and Journalism (Thompson Rivers University).
Bill grew up in the greater Toronto-area but, after his first visit to the Rockies, knew that Alberta would be his eventual home. An RTDNA award winner, he has a special love for well-crafted stories blending pictures and sound that allow strong characters to shine.
Bill lives in Calgary with his wife and two kids. Although he doesn’t log quite as many days and nights in tents or on the sides of mountains as he used to, he’d still take a week in Kananaskis over a month just about anywhere else.
Bill speaks English and (very) halting Spanish.