Articles by Ryan White
- Two Medicine Hat residents killed in head-on crash with semi on Highway 3
- Search underway for Rocky View County man missing since January
- Child in life-threatening condition after being struck by vehicle in northwest Calgary
- Calgary woman charged in threat at knifepoint at school in Bearspaw
- Suspect charged in downtown CTrain station double stabbing
- 2 arrested, third sought after nearly $100K swiped in Calgary distraction thefts
- High River, Alta., last known sighting of Saskatchewan woman missing since November
- Coaldale man arrested following string of break-ins in southern Alberta town
- Downtown CTrain station reopens after double stabbing
- Scam artists selling fake jewelry, electronics in parking lots across southern Alberta: RCMP
- Missing Olds woman located after week-long disappearance
- Calgary looks to sell 3 sites at discount to non-profits for affordable housing
- Suspected impaired driver arrested on Tsuut'ina Nation; drugs and stolen vehicle seized
- Pet cat killed in Huntington Hills basement fire
- RCMP members cleared in death of man temporarily sheltered at Fort Macleod detachment
- Medicine Hat man charged in string of fast food restaurant break-ins
- Snowfall warnings blanket southern Alberta, fog advisory in place for Calgary
- Attack at Calgary Central Library left senior unconscious: police
- Walcott chastises 'intolerant' protests of drag queens, calls on Calgarians to support 'most vulnerable'
- RCMP investigating pipe bomb explosions in southern Alberta town
Calgary-based Ryan White has been an integral member of CTV Calgary's digital team since 2011.
A graduate of the Broadcast News program at the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), Ryan, a general digital reporter, has covered federal, provincial and municipal elections, the historic flooding of southern Alberta in 2013, Calgary's Olympic hosting bid plebiscite and numerous high-profile crime cases.
He was part of the team honoured with a Canadian Online Publishing Awards 2018 award for Best News Coverage and a 2017 RTDNA Canada Gord Sinclair Award, Prairie Region, for coverage of the 2017 civic election.
The married, father of two, is a volunteer basketball coach, regularly volunteers at his children's elementary school, and champions Calgary's craft-beer scene. He has travelled with his family to China, Spain, France, Mexico and throughout the United States, including a trip to Puerto Rico post-Hurricane Maria.
Ryan is fluent in English.