Articles by Timm Bruch
- Halfway to cat cow: Calgarians enjoy kitty yoga for a cause
- British ex-pats push for pension thaw as 'unfair' freeze hurts Canadian pocketbooks
- Taking Back Alberta? Questions surround right-wing group and its political power
- 'Marda Lake' prompts colourful southwest Calgary protest
- 'A good start': Alberta applauds bail system changes targeting repeat and violent offenders
- 'No human should have to live in that filth': Advocates call for improvements to Calgary Drop-In Centre
- 3 German skiers die in avalanche in British Columbia mountains
- Rockyview Hospital searching for volunteers
- Ukrainian women update their closets with a free Calgary shopping spree
- Calgary crime rates remaining consistent, despite a changing public perception
- Alberta's government promises funding in an effort to attract health-care staff
- Calgary Drop-In Centre receives $4M in funding to expand detox and recovery services
- Calgarians go 'horns on' for former Albertan fighting terminal cancer
- Blocked by a politician? Get in line. Why experts call the trend troubling
- Critics pan Alberta's proposal for oil company royalty breaks
- 'Absolute nightmare': Calgarians call attention to the children unable to leave Ukraine
- 'Intense' Dover townhouse fire sends 3 to hospital
- 'Groundswell of opposition': Firearms bill backtrack applauded by critics in Alberta, Ottawa
- Foothills Fieldhouse discussion returning to Calgary City Hall
- Winter in the Woods Festival warms up Bragg Creek
Timm Bruch joined CTV Calgary in the fall of 2019. Before joining the team in Cowtown, he reported in Edmonton, Winnipeg, and Kelowna – which means he’s seen just about every side of the weather spectrum.
Timm was born in Calgary and has also spent time on the West Coast: he attended BCIT’s Broadcast Journalism program in Burnaby – where he graduated with honors -- and spent his early twenties in Vancouver.
His first full-time television job was a stint in the Okanagan where he reported on organic vineyards, flooding beaches and an unlucky neighbourhood cat who was shot by a stray bullet.
From there, he grabbed his winter running gear and shipped off to Winnipeg, where he covered strange stories (a course for beginner pilots where Timm actually got behind the controls of a small plane), hard news (police standoffs, court reporting), and downright-terrifying segments (live television while rappelling down the side of a downtown building). Eventually, Timm found a niche in politics. He's loved covering elections, budgets and even a scandal or two.
Timm signed on to the CTV News team in 2018. He spent his first year with the company in Edmonton, much of it at the Legislature turning his mic towards provincial politicians. While based out of YEG, Timm’s highlights include the lead up to the 2019 election and a busy wildfire season that sent him on an extended trip to Northern Alberta.
In 2019, he made his way back to Calgary. He couldn’t be happier telling stories about the city he was born in.
In his spare time, you can find Timm on running trails, watching his beloved Blue Jays or listening to a record from his overflowing collection.
Timm speaks English.