Articles by Virginia Wright
- Calgarians take cycling consignment for a spin after event's 2-year hiatus
- 'We appreciate every kind word': Community BBQ held to welcome Ukrainian refugees
- Calgary-based Ukrainians prepare for sombre Easter celebrations amid war
- 'I was shocked': Items worth thousands stolen from Calgary music shop
- 'It's so exciting': Thousands take part in annual Easter egg hunt in Calgary
- Alberta NDP says Kenney government is failing Albertans who are stuck with high utility bills
- Documentary about Calgary gaming store to make worldwide premiere at CUFF
- 'It makes me feel anxious': Concerns over school transmission of COVID-19 continue
- 'We've got work to do': Local organization gathers to promote awareness for women's safety
- Calgary support societies work together to provide welcome for Ukrainians
- Unofficial mascot: 3-pawed bobcat charms northeast Calgary community
- 'It's not enough': Calgarian says Ukraine needs more support to fight war
- Lemonade for a cause: Young Calgarian raises money for Ukraine
- 'There will be reckoning': Calgary officers warned about defying 'thin blue line' orders
- 'Shock and disappointment': Scarboro United Church speaks out after weekend vandalism
- 'Unusually low': New survey shows decline in Mayor Jyoti Gondek's early approval rating
- Moose antlers on the loose: Hikers put call out for missing animal shed
- 1 dead following reports of gunshots along 16th Avenue N.W.
- Albertans in Poland offering aid to Ukrainian refugees
- Alberta's mental health lowest in Canada for February: Report
*As of May 2022, Virginia is no longer with CTV News**
Calgary-based Virginia joined the CTV News Calgary team in August 2019 as a reporter and news producer for the morning show.
Virginia graduated from the Master of Journalism program at the University of Regina in 2016. Her program focused on advanced journalistic investigation and she was able to dedicate her studies on the socio-spatial impacts of Saskatchewan’s oil and gas industry.
She previously attended the University of Guelph where she received an English degree with a minor in geography with honours.
Her career began in the prairies, interning as a video journalist for CTV News Regina in 2015. After her four-month tenure, she was quickly hired on as a weekend video journalist and web producer.
In 2017, Virginia moved back to her home city of Toronto to work as a web producer for CTV’s national morning show, Your Morning. Later that year, she joined the team at CTV News Kitchener as a writer, later becoming an assignment editor. She finished her time in Kitchener as a video journalist covering municipal politics.
Virginia is thrilled to be living in Calgary. When she isn’t at work she can usually be found hiking with her dog, Boots, in the Alberta Rockies.
Virginia is native in English.