CTV News Calgary Latest Videos
Role @ CTV: 6pm Anchor
Hometown: Sherwood Park, Alberta
Been with CTV Calgary since: November 2010
- Travelling to 15 countries as the Europe Bureau Chief for Global National. I was based in London, UK – a great city to explore itself, but also a great place from which to launch many adventures.
- Covering the 2010 World Cup in Johannesburg, South Africa. Now that was a city full of energy and excitement, determined to show the world how it has changed post-apartheid.
- Spending 5 weeks embedded with our Canadian troops in Kandahar, Afghanistan. It was amazing to see the work they do and made me appreciate their bravery even more.
Education: Honors Degree, Radio and Television Arts, NAIT
- Travel, travel, travel! Work has taken me to at least 15 countries but a personal passion has taken me to at least 15 more. I love history and language and love to immerse myself in other cultures. Italy is my favorite country so far.
- Photography. I need to go take a course to learn how to improve my pictures because I am never satisfied with the shots I get!
- Basketball, football and walking my Wheaten Terrier Rufus
- Love Actually
- Sliding Doors
Favourite TV Shows:
- Modern Family
- Cougar Town
- Grey's Anatomy
Why I am a broadcaster: I have always had a healthy curiosity, plus a love of current events, learning new things and meeting new people. Combine those four and journalism is the perfect profession! I enjoy telling people's stories, fighting for the underdog and being in the midst of breaking news. Disseminating and delivering news as it happens is my favorite thing. Plus, the world is a much smaller place than it used to be but most people still don't get to experience it firsthand. I love the challenge of bringing far flung places or conflicts closer to home and helping them make sense.
About Me: I am married and have a dog. Don't tell him that though, as I am pretty sure he thinks we sleep in HIS bed every night! I love the outdoors and the gorgeous Rocky Mountains. I'm thrilled to be able to spend more time with my two sisters and old friends. It's true what they say – there is no place like home!