Fire crews battle house fire in Southwest Calgary
Amy Stalker, CTV Calgary
Published Saturday, October 24, 2015 5:36PM MDT
Last Updated Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:42AM MDT
Firefighters were able to confine the flames to one home as they battled a house fire in the southwest.
They responded to the 4200 block of Elbow Dive Southwest just after 4:00 Saturday afternoon.
Crews arrived to find a the single family home engulfed in flames.
Firefighters immediately took a defensive position and did not attack the fire from the inside.
It's believed the home is vacant.
One person was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
"This is an area resident who assisted us and was actually going around banging on doors and ensuring that the exposure homes next door that the people had evacuated," said Calgary Fire Department Battalion Chief Allan Ball.
There is no word on injuries at this time.
The investigation into what sparked the fire continues.