Firefighter in hospital
A Calgary firefighter has been sent to hospital after inhaling toxic fumes while cleaning up a chemical spill at a northeast lab.
The hazardous materials team was called out after more than 50 litres of the highly toxic solvent toluene spilled.
The firefighter's injuries are believed to be minor.
Crews cleaned up most of the chemical but some was able to seep into the sewer system.
The area was roped off and a contractor was called to remove the liquid from the sewer.
Alberta Environment has been called about the incident.