Largest cocaine bust in Alta. history
Calgary police have arrested more than a dozen people and seized millions of dollars worth of drugs after a year-long investigation.
A total of 80 kilograms of cocaine was seized in bust, along with five guns, and 330 thousand dollars in cash.
Police say the drugs alone have a street value of eight million dollars.
Investigators targeted an organized crime network that was shipping cocaine from B-C to Alberta.
Police say the drugs were smuggled in hidden compartments in vehicles and driven into Alberta.
The investigation involved a number of different police departments including Cranbrook and Osoyoos RCMP.
Facing number drug-related charges are:
- Christian Balmore ZEPEDA, 37, of Calgary
- An Xuan NGO, 27, of Calgary
- Thuan Xuan NGO, 33, of Calgary
- Duncan Howard BAILEY, 24, of Calgary
- Kayla Elizabeth WRIGHT, 24, of Calgary
- Kevin James WAMBOLT, 23, of Calgary
- Anthony Raymond MIDDLEKOOP, 25, of Calgary
- Carlos Enrique AGUIRRE, 41, of Calgary
- Roberto Stanley OLMEDO-RAJO, 26, of Surrey, B.C.
- Leopoldo Fernando Rojo BELTRAN, 34, of Calgary
- Miguel Ernesto RIVAS FRANCO, 28, of Calgary
- Alycia Lynn FAITHFUL-LEBRUN, 26, of Calgary
Two people, Faithful Lebrun and Rivas Franco, are also charged with conspiracy to traffic cocaine.