CTV News Calgary Latest Videos
Toddler gets stuck under sofa
Published Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:35PM MST
Last Updated Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:37PM MST
A two-year-old boy is recovering after he was entangled under under a piece of furniture at his family’s Panorama Hills home.
Calgary fire crews were called out to a residence in the 100 block of Pantego Terrace N.W. at about 12:00 p.m. on Thursday and found the little boy trapped under a reclining sofa.
The child was apparently trying to retrieve a “Cheerio “ from under the sofa.
Emergency crews tried to free the boy by lifting the couch but they were unsuccessful, as the child was seriously entangled.
They decided to partially dismantle the couch and after several minutes were able to free the child.
Firefighters gave the distraught little boy a stuffed Dalmatian toy and received an ear to ear grin for their efforts.
Crews reassembled the sofa and told the mother to get the toddler a large bowl of Cherrios.