Calgary News | Local Breaking | CTV News Calgary
Meat processor recalls pork products sold in Alberta over E.coli concerns
Pork products recalled in Alberta (File photo)
Hillview Meat Processor is recalling raw pork and pork organ products that were sold to Alberta retailers due to possible E. coli contamination.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency issued a food recall warning on Tuesday and said that the affected products may have been made into raw muscle meat cuts, ground pork, sausages, and raw ready-to-eat products.
The products have only been distributed in Alberta and may have been sold fresh or frozen, pre-packed or served by clerks, and with or without labels.
The CFIA says the products were sold or distributed by:
- ACME Meats – Acme, 127 Main St.
- Crossfield Meats Ltd. – Crossfield, 1017 B Nanton Ave.
- QC & C Meat Shop Ltd – Calgary, 5320 17 Avenue SE
- Paolini's Sausage & Meat (Crossroads Market) – Calgary, 1235 26 Avenue SE
- Paolini's Sausage and Meat Ltd. – Calgary, 5735 3 Street SE
- Trimming Fresh Meats – Calgary, 3, 6219 Centre Street NW
- V&T Meats – Calgary, 3111 17 Avenue SE
- Leung Ky Meat and Seafood Ltd. – Calgary, 1919 31 Street SE
- Community Foods – Calgary, 119, 3208 8 Avenue NE
- Hungarian Deli – Calgary, 4020 26 Street SE
- Rocky's Sausage Haus – Calgary, 37 4 Street NE
Officials say the recall was triggered by the results of an investigation into a foodborne illness outbreak in Alberta, which could lead to additional recalls.
So far, there have been no reports of illness linked to the recalled products.