Articles by Austin Lee
- Calgarians look ahead to busy travel season tied to spring break
- Early morning fire rips through 2 northeast Calgary homes
- Protest takes fight over Calgary school's name to the school board's steps
- Suspected northeast road rage shooting sends 1 to hospital
- Calgary, Edmonton to explore potential joint bid for Commonwealth Games
- 'Rare opportunity': Alberta group in exploratory phase of 2030 Commonwealth Games bid
- Fire breaks out at Castleridge home following weapon complaint
- 'Students, teachers and schools deserve better': Alberta teachers calls for education funding increase
- Candlelight vigil in Calgary to mark one year since Russian invasion of Ukraine
- Calgary braces for extreme cold snap after significant early week snowfall
- Snow-covered roads hinder commute in Calgary, school buses not running
- 2 men in hospital after a pair of early morning Calgary shootings
- UCP gaining support as Alberta's provincial election nears: poll
- 1 man dead after fire in southeast Calgary
- All eyes on Connor Bedard as Calgary Hitmen host Regina Pats
- 'We are at a crossroads': Alberta premier pens open letter to Trudeau over proposed 'just transition' legislation
- Province to reduce surgical wait times in Calgary through chartered facilities
- 1 dead, 3 injured after semi hits parked vehicles on Trans-Canada Highway east of Calgary
- World's largest ringette tournament back on in Calgary
- Man sent to hospital after shooting in Calgary's University District
Austin joined the CTV Morning Live Calgary team as a reporter in December 2021 after nearly a one-year stint as a video journalist with CTV News Lethbridge.
Before joining CTV News, he worked as a television and radio reporter for CJDC TV News in Fort St. John, B.C. covering local stories from across the Peace Region.
Born and raised in Campbell River on Vancouver Island, Austin’s first taste of Alberta living came when he attended the Broadcast News program at the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), where he graduated with honours.
Outside of the newsroom, Austin is an avid sports fan who loves getting out for a round of golf or lacing up his skates to slap around a puck. When it comes to watching sports, he’s a big time fan of the Vancouver Canucks, Miami Dolphins and the Utah Jazz. It's been a rough few years.
Starting his career during a pandemic has made for an interesting introduction to the industry. From covering the ever-changing COVID-19 landscape, crime, politics and sports, Austin is always eager to put in the work needed to tell honest, balanced and informative stories.
Austin speaks English and a bit of French.