Articles by Austin Lee
- Boil water advisory in effect for 3 Calgary communities
- Calgary in the spotlight as Albertans head to the polls
- Advance polls open for Alberta 2023 election
- Slipping and sliding out of ski season as Slush Cup takes over Sunshine Village
- 1 man in hospital after early morning Forest Lawn shooting
- Calgary Wranglers look to snuff out Firebirds in Pacific Division Final
- 'You don't think it's going to happen': Northeast Calgary shooting under investigation
- Fans fill Stephen Ave. for Parade of Wonders
- Short-term pain, long-term gain: Major Deerfoot Trail improvements to impact drivers
- Historic strike: Federal public service workers picket in Calgary
- Calgary breaks ground on Stampede Trail redevelopment
- Calgarians look ahead to busy travel season tied to spring break
- Early morning fire rips through 2 northeast Calgary homes
- Protest takes fight over Calgary school's name to the school board's steps
- Suspected northeast road rage shooting sends 1 to hospital
- Calgary, Edmonton to explore potential joint bid for Commonwealth Games
- 'Rare opportunity': Alberta group in exploratory phase of 2030 Commonwealth Games bid
- Fire breaks out at Castleridge home following weapon complaint
- 'Students, teachers and schools deserve better': Alberta teachers calls for education funding increase
- Candlelight vigil in Calgary to mark one year since Russian invasion of Ukraine
Austin joined the CTV Morning Live Calgary team as a reporter in December 2021 after nearly a one-year stint as a video journalist with CTV News Lethbridge.
Before joining CTV News, he worked as a television and radio reporter for CJDC TV News in Fort St. John, B.C. covering local stories from across the Peace Region.
Born and raised in Campbell River on Vancouver Island, Austin’s first taste of Alberta living came when he attended the Broadcast News program at the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), where he graduated with honours.
Outside of the newsroom, Austin is an avid sports fan who loves getting out for a round of golf or lacing up his skates to slap around a puck. When it comes to watching sports, he’s a big time fan of the Vancouver Canucks, Miami Dolphins and the Utah Jazz. It's been a rough few years.
Starting his career during a pandemic has made for an interesting introduction to the industry. From covering the ever-changing COVID-19 landscape, crime, politics and sports, Austin is always eager to put in the work needed to tell honest, balanced and informative stories.
Austin speaks English and a bit of French.